There are many opportunities for parents, family members and people from the community to be involved at Flinders Park Primary School.
Areas include but are not limited to:
- Governing Council
- Learning support and classroom assistance
- Listening to reading
- Coaching after school sports teams (Soccer)
- Working bees
- Special events such as Harmony Day, Grandparents’/Special Friends’ Day
- Sports Day.
All regular volunteers and helpers are required to have:
- a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) to assess their suitability for working with children
- completed the on line Responding to Abuse & Neglect (RAN) Training (with a copy of the certificate provided to the school)
Volunteers must also familiarise themselves with the school’s Volunteer expectations and complete the School’s volunteer agreement. All volunteers and helpers are required to sign in on arrival, wear a visitors badge and have undertaken a Work Health and Safety induction prior to commencing their volunteering.
Please note that all volunteers are bound to comply with all local site requirements and policies and are also bound to comply with the Department for Education Volunteer Policy.
The above information is subject to COVID-19 restrictions. Volunteer support processes may vary with changes to restrictions.